Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some rate it R. . . I rate it L for life.

With the Academy awards coming very soon, I have taken the opportunity to look at the list of nominations for this years best film.

"Black Swan" 

"Toy Story 3" 

"Inception" 


Just to name a few. . . However one in particular has caught my eye and interest. 

"The King Speech" 


Something about history, especially during this time period, has always caught my interest . Yet watching this film made me think of us. . . every day people walking around on the planet.  Some of us stammer, not only in speech, but many aspects of life.  Some of us get through the stammering from singing a tune, to smoking a cigarette, or by using every profane word in the dictionary to get your point across. It's about over coming the stammering in your life, no matter how frustrating, scary, difficult it can be and becoming the best you can be. 


I know many loved that stupid movie "Avatar". . . psh. . . . . I really didn't find a draw to that movie other then the really cool COMPUTER effects. The movie "The King's Speech" has no high tech draw, just a good, real life story with a great message about life in of it self and how we can all relate. 

Although the "The King Speech" is rated R for profanity in only two key scenes, I give it an L for life. . . Real life. . . things we go through every day. 


May you all have enjoyable time watching a movie. May it be uplifting and inspiring. 


Love, and much more. 

~Laurel Evelyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment