Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sleep, body sleep.

Have you ever woken up on a Saturday, looked at the clock on your night stand and realized it was 6:30 a.m.? If you are like me, you will then roll over and start using your fingers to figure out how many hours of sleep you had just recieved. I only held up five fingers today. I slammed my hand back onto the blankets  and rolled over to face the wall.
I then had this quite conversation with my body.

Me: "Please go back to sleep, I promise we will dream of something good."
Body: "No Way, we have to many things to do today."
Me: "I know, but sleep will help me function better"
Body: "Get up! No sleep. We have got things to do."
Me: "Like what?"

Then it will go through a world wind of today's activities, and what I thought only be a few items, became what seemed like a extreme Costco shopping list. I put my head under the pillow. . . and heard myself. . . or really my body say to itself,

"You really think that is going to help you escape today?"

So here I am . . . avoiding my list of extreme lengths, and eyeing my bed like a piece of chocolate.

I just want some sleep.

Body: "No! now go brush your teeth, it stinks. . . and do something with your hair. . . "

Here I go. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment