Friday, April 15, 2011

Strictly Ballroom


Ballroom. 
Love. 
Awesome Body Movement.

This scene from "Strictly Ballroom" from the brilliant director Baz Luhrmann is one of my favorites. 
(This scene is actually the reason why I wanted to start ballroom at age four)
I got my wish in High School. Junior year I took my first ballroom experience. 
That is when the magic disappeared. 
My partner for most of the semester had two left feet and wasn't even able to pick me up
(and at that time I was 140lbs.. . sucker punch to the self esteem) 

However I was determined to do it again my Senior year.
The magic reappeared. 
(QUE FAIRY DUST!) 
I had become Ballroom Co-Captain with a fabulous partner. 
We came up with dances and basically did what our instructor told us to do
"I want sex on the stage while your clothes are still on!" 
To the awesome sounds of Lady Gaga
We performed a Tango/Salsa. 
and damn I wish I had the tape for it.
For two years now I have been danceless. . . 

Now my wish gets to come back to life as I will be joining UVU ballroom. 

There is no place like next fall. There is no place like next fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment