Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"Onward, Ever onward"

It is high time a post came about the day my mission call came. I waited long enough for it. ;0)

On April 11th 2012, after a long wait, I finally received it! I was called to Suva, Fiji Mission speaking the beautiful language French. However, there was recently a change to my mission. I got my visa papers and it said New Caledonia, which is an island that is a hour plane ride from Fiji. It is a French Colony Island, which is where my French will come in. I got a letter from the mission presidents (My mission was split after I received my call) and it stated that I am going to a “mission that is one of the most diverse in the world”. Here is why it is so diverse: New Caledonia, Vanuatu and the Samoan Islands (Which is now my Mission, Vanuatu Port Vila) have several different groups of people. Although the Island that I will be staying on is territory of France and the official language is French and you are a French citizen there. So they are Europeans but there is also Polynesians, West Indians, and Indonesians also there which means there are roughly about 29 Melanesian languages there. I am so excited! I also found out that there are 30 missionaries that are stationed in New Caledonia and there are only 10 to 12 sister missionaries there. But here is the really exciting part; only 3 to 4 of the sister missionaries are Non Native. I am one of those! It is truly a blessing and a great honor to be one of the few called to some of the world’s most beautiful islands to preach this gospel and to have the spirit use me as a tool to help the people there.



My dear friends. . . . The gospel is true. No battle. 

Sept 12th is coming up fast. (Insert girly scream here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment