Saturday, August 18, 2012

The best part of being a teacher.

Deseret Book. 
I could spend hours in this store and when my friend Sarah goes with me, we spend even more time. 
This was our date for the day. In the heat of the sun, we walked to the new Deseret Book store in Draper and started to look at all the trickets we Mormons love to buy. I was looking for a scripture bag for my new scriptures and Sarah was debating on purchasing new scriptures for when she goes to University in a week. 
While giggling and gleefully looking around the story, a little small girl walked up next to me. I looked down and there was Becky, one of my brightest students in last years class. I came down to her level and she hugged me tight. She showed me that she could now blow a bubble with gum and that she was excited to start Kindergarten. She hugged me again then walked around the store with her dad. 

I don't know about you. . . . but I am grateful I was a teacher, even for the small moments like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment