Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Me + Math = No

The relationship I have with Math is best described as the relationship between Benedick and Beatrice  in Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" (This is my favorite play by the 'Player' Shakespeare, If you didn't know) Benedick and Beatrice both hate each other. They say nasty things to each other and loath the presences of one another even when in a crowded room. 

This is the same with Math and I.

Math will always look up at me at my puzzled face and whisper only loud enough for me to hear. . . 
"You don't get it do you?"
 "You must be dumb if you do not know how to get the answer." 
"8b + 4c x a3 - 25, find the sum for E. . . oh wait, you can't cause you are S-T-U-P-I-D!" 

and after hearing his silent snickers to himself for about 20 minutes, I can't take it. Thus I take the math book and slam it to the ground stabbing it with my pen and protractor telling him that I am going to stab him at a 90 degree angle. . . 

Which he then says I'm actually at 85 degree angle. . . that is when I throw him out the window on I-15 going 80. . . 


SURVIVE NOW SUCKER! WHAT IS THE SUM OF E NOW! WAHAHA HA HA HA

My revenge on math would be bitter sweet. However like Beatrice and Benedick. . . they find that although they spit on the ground the other walks upon, they worship the ground they walk on and find that love can come come from the most hurtful of remarks. . . 

ALTHOUGH, now that I think about, My relationship with math will most likely not be like those of Benedick and Beatrice. . . Four days a week of math at 8 in the morning. . . I believe by December there will be no love. 


Maybe I'll be more like Gandalf with math. . . just won't take any crap from it. 




Can you tell I start school tomorrow? 

3 comments:

  1. Laurel... you make me laugh! That was wonderfully put! ^_^ I know you hate math so I will be your study partner if you would like. I am pretty good at math and would love to study with you. You can do it! I am cheering for you all the way threw December

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel... Your math book is not Tom Riddle's diary.

    ReplyDelete