Saturday, October 9, 2010

Music is for the soul, emotions and unspoken connections.

When I was little, I remember my mother had a stereo in the kitchen, It was the first big thing my parents had boughten once they were married because my Dad knew that is what made my mom most happy (Isn't that sweet?) My mother would (and still does to this day) blasts music through the house. Mostly cause she wants to get her groove on. :)

When I was 15 through 17 , I went through my first love and heartbreak. Many people believed that one of so young a age couldn't fall in love. . . I knew one could. That summer I spent in Germany, Italy, England and Ireland. . . I ruined that vacation for my family. I would connect and plug into my pink I-pod and listen to music all day. While we were walking, grocery shopping. . . anything, I was shutting my self out. Slowly falling deeper into a depression. Music, connected and explained every feeling I had. Artist such as Maria Mena, Alanis Morissette and many broken hearted musicians helped me think of what I would love to send the ungrateful a-hole who broke my heart. However, on the way home back to the great America I heard a song on the airplane called "Sleepless" by Until June, who made me realize that everything was okay. I got home and there were three letters and a tape. . . My first waiting for a missionary experience.

I was very quite about this experience with many people, especially at school. For if things would have worked out. . . well I would be married by now. Josh Groban and his new CD at the time "Awake" was getting me through not having him or talking to him everyday. Then on July 24, 2008 I was "Dear Jane'd" for he had fallen for someone on the field. This was my summer of playing Lesil, who was the love sick puppy in "Sound Of Music" how could one do that when the heart was shattered. I gather every scrap of sanity in me to do every performance and once it was over I crashed. My senior year started with me gaining weight do to depressed eating and crying every night. I did somethings to get my self out be doing a great service, which ended up not working out. How on earth was I going to get out of this rut?

Music got me out of it. My mother had compiled a list of every song that was boughten or listened to because of those few life events, love songs, hate songs, I feel sorry cause you the dumbest man alive songs, I'm stupid, what is going to happen, songs.  Everything.

To those who don't believe (You know who you are) . . . I did hurt, and I do know what it feels like so take a hike. . . anyone can love at any age. Its the strongest emotion and is why it goes hand and hand with music.

Music, my hero. Got me through a lot my teenage years. It made me happy, it made me sing, it made me burst out into random tears and have not so great of memories and remember the greatest memories when that song was being played.

Please Music. . . save me again.

Let your over powering lyrics touch me, Let the words and notes that are played help me find who I once was. Help me remember what is like to love and be truly loved back. Help me that heartaches will go away, that others in this great big world have felt what I have felt. Let them understand what I'm feeling. Help me not to go back into the pit.

Love and Peace.

Laurel Evelyn.


The Songs that are most played on my Ipod right now. . .  ( * - ones that apply to me  and will always touch me, all of them apply but still. . . you get what I mean)

 *I'm on your side, Maria Mena                      *Why Not Me? Enrique Iglesias    
Our Battles, Maria Mena                                Belly Up, Maria Mena
Just Hold Me, Maria Mena                             Heartbreak Warfare, John Mayer
Gravity, John Mayer                                       In Repair, John Mayer
*Details in the Fabric, Jason Mraz                  Song for a Friend, Jason Mraz
*God Rests in Reason, Jason Mraz                  *The Saltwater Room, Owl City

1 comment:

  1. I used to have an odd play-list. It had a wide variety of music on it. I wondered why these songs were all linked into one play-list. Then one day it hit me:
    All the songs contained the lyric "everything is going to be all right".

    ReplyDelete