Sunday, November 7, 2010

To come to think of it. . .

When I was wee little tike. I loved Snow White. There is even a home video of me as a four year old singing "Some day my Prince will come" and my parent's surprising me with the Disney video. . . those were the days. 

                               
Was my childhood princess who I grew up to be? 
I did play a "Snow White on Crack" character my senior year in the school fall musical. My father has said that when I am nervous I go into my "Snow White" voice. . . 



Am I Snow White? 


As I laid on my mother bed, helping her study for a test that is coming up this week. We discussed what guys want in their future spouses. 

"They want some one genuine" my mother proclaimed to me. "Kind of like Snow White. You Laurel, are like Snow White" 

No wonder little girls wanted to be princesses when we become older. Not to just get the prince or live in a big castle and have that Happily Ever After we all crave. Princesses have attributes that we all must want to be, whether it be kind to everyone, loyal, beauty both in and out, a fighter for what is right, virtue, compassion. . . . this is starting to sound like the Young Woman's theme. I know no four year old would really get this concept, however it's a good example of what to be. 



May we all be Princesses and Princes. 

Peace and Love

Laurel Evelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment